2023 SoCal Gingerbread Challenge
Prepare for a festive fusion of creativity and holiday spirit at the 2023 SoCal Gingerbread Challenge on December 1, 2, and 3! This exciting annual event sees iconic structures transformed into edible wonders, bringing the magic of structural engineering to Southern California each holiday season.
Highlights of the Southern California Gingerbread Challenge include:
- Discover the incredible talents of real engineering professionals who can only use gingerbread and other edible holiday treats as construction materials.
- Enjoy a delightful display of gingerbread replicas of famous real-life structures in Southern California, as well as iconic movie set pieces and whimsical imaginary creations.
- Build your own gingerbread structure, and take it to the next level by testing it on our shake table for earthquake readiness.
- Immerse yourself in the holiday spirit with family and friends as you wander the colorful and cheerful exhibitions.
- Vote for your favorite gingerbread creations and make your voice heard.
- Donate to a local nonprofit organization with every vote.
- Visit the 2023 SoCal Gingerbread Challenge at The District at Tustin Legacy while you shop and experience the magic of the holidays through the eyes of engineers and creators. It's a celebration you won't want to miss!
What Is the SoCal Gingerbread Challenge?
Architects, engineers, and their colleagues come together to showcase their design and construction skills by crafting intricate masterpieces made of gingerbread, candy, and icing. After forming teams and constructing their structures on build night (November 30), the gingerbread creations are exhibited to the public for viewing and judging. After the third viewing day, an award ceremony will honor the winners. The event also raises money for local charities.
When and Where is the 2023 SoCal Gingerbread Challenge?
The exhibition is open to the public on December 1, 2, and 3 at The District at Tustin Legacy in Tustin, CA.